I’ve heard it said that the Boston house music scene is lacking. Sure, it is not New York, or Ibiza for that matter, but those who say this must not be familiar with the Haus Boys. The Haus Boys, a (currently unsigned) Boston-based house and electro duo, is comprised of two young business professionals who moonlight as house producers.
Beginning a few years ago upon graduation from undergrad, the Haus Boys have begun to build a local fan base in Boston from playing sets at various clubs such as Greatest Bar. And now, thanks to the rise of social media, they can begin to build an even broader fan base, while still keeping local fans as well.
The Haus Boys’ sound is quite unique. Their sets range from electro takes on house classics, using huge climaxes to add depth to the already great sounds, to originals such as “Rehab (& Vegas Pools),” which provides a stunning instrumental intro before delving into an Afrojack-esque start up of what turns out to be a full-fledged banger.
Although these guys certainly work hard, that is not to say the Haus Boys don’t know how to play hard. Some of their notable mixes include the DJ set at Greatest Bar, which features a hard electro, more fast-paced take on Laidback Luke’s “Turbulence”, perfectly mincing the sparse lyrics with the beat itself, and their When The Night Calls Live Mix, in which they created a sort of addictive quality, where all of the songs fit together so perfectly that I didn’t notice that it was overall 35 minutes, and was quite upset when it ended.
I look forward to hearing much, much more from these talented gentlemen, and cannot wait until they start touring and producing more originals. They certainly have the potential to rock the local music scene. Boston get ready — the Haus Boys are only getting started.
PS. Thanks to Anand Savani for this amazing exclusive mix! Hope you all enjoy.
- Jordy Lishious – Lump (Original Mix)
- Avicii vs. Faithless vs. John Dahlback, Dirty South & Skylar Grey – Invisible Jailbait Insomnia (Haus Boys Bootleg)
- Deniz Koyu vs. Fedde le Grand – So Much Bong (Joey Bottles Edit)
- Chocolate Puma & Gregor Salto vs. Kill Frenzy – Gimme Sum Booty (Cannman Mashup)
- Michael Woods vs. Miike Snow & Thomas Gold – The independence Wave (Haus Boys Bootleg)
- Deniz Koyu & Wynter Gordon vs. My Digital Enemy & Rob Marmot vs. Green Velvet – Follow African Flash (Cannman Mashup)
- Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child (Tom Staar & Kryder Remix)
- Alesso ft. Matthew Koma – Years (Extended Instrumental Mix) w/ Steve Aoki & Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (acapella)
- The Haus Boys – ID w/ Axwell & Max C. – I Found U (acapella)
- Denzal Park vs. Pendulum – Amarok the Island (Haus Boys Reboot)
- Deniz Koyu vs. Calvin Harris – Hertz So Close (Haus Boys Reboot)
- Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash vs. Nero & Skrillex – Reload Promises (dirtywork Mashup)
- Kaskade ft. Skylar Grey – Room for Happiness (Gregori Klosman Remix)
- Skytech vs. Fafaq – International Language (Original Mix)
- Eric Prydz – Everyday (Fehrplay Remix)